I would like to produce at least two glass pices for the Bentalls project, so have spent the last few days familiarising myself with the different processes and techniques. For these smaller pieces I have mainly used glass paint and I think the result is less effective. The paint appears too thick for these designs.

2014-04-02 09.06.30       2014-04-02 09.06.07

2014-04-02 09.05.55

2014-04-01 12.06.00     2014-04-04 13.16.51

I then went on to produce 2 largers piece of glass where I combined glass paint with small pieces of sheet glass. This worked better but I was still not happy with the overall result. I wanted to achieve a more defined design.

2014-04-08 11.19.11      2014-04-08 11.19.00

So I went on to choose a more simpler design which I think has worked well. I also decided to slump this piece so it is able to stand.  There are still elements I would like to change but I am glad I have had the opportunity to experiment so I can hopefully produce some really beautiful pieces over the summer break.

2014-04-08 11.18.54